Air-Stream membership is only $50 per year with all proceeds being put directly back into the development and maintenance of the network and services. Members help to decide how all funds raised from membership and other club activities are best spent.
Anyone can become a member if they have a genuine interest in Community Wireless Networks and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
The committee will confirm the receipt of your application and upon its acceptance you can proceed to making a payment using the payment details provided.
- Member discounts at various participating distributors.
- Access to various member operated systems on the network such as diagnostic and management tools.
- Multi-homed Internet and wireless services like email and IRC.
- Access to member mailing lists.
- Voting rights at meetings.
- The ability to nominate and elect committee members at the AGM and to stand for election.
- Opportunities to contribute further on group projects.
Members are invited to attend meetings on a regular basis, where you can have your say in the operations of the network as a whole, share your experiences, give presentations, propose new projects, and have in-depth discussions about specific topics or issues.