Further information is now available at the ASLAN website http://aslan.org.au
ASLAN Social Media
ASLAN is located in the hall of the Good Shepherd Para Vista Church, 388 Montgue in Valley View, South Australia.
This is a tentative list of competitions planned for the next LAN, however this is subject to change at any time.
- DOTA 2
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty 4
Please note, each compertition will allocate points per position on each competition. There will be a first, second and thrid place overall. Competitions are subject to change.
About the setup
ASLAN will provide you with:
- one seat and table space (if you want a comfier seat bring your own as some do)
- two power points, you will be required to bring a power board if you need more
- one gigabit network port in to our high speed LAN infrastructure
- connection into the Air-Stream network
- connection to the Internet
What you need:
- Computer (box, monitor, keyboard, mouse, cables including power cable)
- Network Cable (some can be purchased in the event, but stock is limited)
What you don’t need:
- Alcohol (ASLAN is an all age event)
- Heaters / Fans (a small fan is only permissible upon request for serious cooling issues)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ASLAN?
ASLAN is LAN Party which aims to promote the Air-Stream community wireless and lanning in the northern suburbs.
What do I need to bring to ASLAN?
You’ll need your computer system, equipped with a wired network port. We’ll provide the tables, chairs, power and necessary network hardware and network cable. We can’t always promise more than two power points per lanner so if you need more be sure to bring a power board. We also recommend you bring headphones instead of speakers. If using speakers understand that ASLAN admins may direct you to turn your speakers down so that you will not take away from fellow ASLanners having a good time.
Who do I ask for help at ASLAN?
- Daniel (ASLAN Co-ordinator Primary)
- Ray (ASLAN Co-ordinator)
- Sam F (Gaming Admin)
- Matthew (Gaming Admin)
- Sam B (Gaming Admin)
- Scott (General)
- Klaire (Kitchen/Promotions)
- Mark (General/Promotions)
- Scott (General)
- Keesha (General)
Can I bring a dedicated server to ASLAN?
Yes. Provided an admin knows about it. In this case, one of the Game Admins or a member of the server team should be apprised of the additional machine. Under no circumstances are private file servers permitted. This only applies to game servers.
Is there parking at ASLAN?
Parking at Good Shepard Para Vista Church is in plentiful supply. You should have no problems as its all close to the venue.
Where can I buy food at ASLAN?
ASLAN has a convenient canteen set up that sells cold drinks and snacks throughout the day. The venue is located 200 meters from small shopping centre and only 5 minute drive from Tea Tree Plaza.
What else do I need to do before ASLAN?
- Try to update your Steam games as close as possible to the LAN
- Make sure you have allowed Windows to Update! Please visit www.windowsupdate.com.
- Make sure you have an up to date anti-virus program. Make sure that your computer is also free of virii. Anyone found to be transmitting a virus over the ASLAN network will have the network access removed until the issue is rectified to the satisfaction of one of our admins.
- Check your network settings are set to Automatic.
May I sell things at ASLAN?
Private sales between lanners of second hand/surplus equipment is acceptable. Sales of a commercial nature would fall under the sponsorship category, more advice can be sought from the ASLAN team or the sponsorship information page.
ASLAN are proud members of the South Australian LAN Association