ASLAN #23: 19th May 2012
ASLAN is Air-Stream’s lanning event for gaming fun and also to promote the presence of the Air-Stream Wireless community in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. Multiple ASLAN events are planned to be held each calendar year.
Hillcrest Community Centre, from 10am until 10pm.
That’s 12 hours of lanning goodness all for the small cost of $15.
“Ãœber Klasse” premium package is available at ASLAN #23 for $30! SEATS ARE LIMITED
|Thanks for the continued support from our great sponsors…|
Your ticket may be collected at the door of the event upon presentation of a printout of your receipt
ASLAN is located at the Hillcrest Community Centre on Queensborough Ave in Hillcrest, South Australia.
- Trackmania Nations
- Call of Duty: MW3
- Minecraft and variations
- Admins vs Lanners Omaha Beach
- and more…
Competitions subject to change
Please note, in the interests of the general lanning atmosphere, you can only win 1 Individual Prize and 1 Team prize. This is done to give others a chance at enjoying themselves still.
About the setup:
ASLAN will provide you with:
- one seat / half a table (if you want a comfier seat bring your own as some do) – FULL table for Ãœber Klasse
- two power points, you will be required to bring a power board if you need more
- one gigabit network port and network cable – TWO for Ãœber Klasse connected into our high quality switched LAN infrastructure
- connection into the Air-Stream network
What you need:
- Computer (box, monitor, keyboard, mouse, cables including power cable)
What you don’t need:
- Alcohol (ASLan is an open age event)
- Heaters / Fans (a small fan is only permissible upon request for serious cooling issues)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ASLAN?
ASLAN is LAN Party which aims to promote the Air-Stream community wireless and lanning in the northern suburbs.
What do I need to bring to ASLAN?
You’ll need your computer system, equipped with a network card (your modem is NOT your network card). We’ll provide the tables, chairs, power and necessary network hardware and network cable. We can’t always promise more than one power point per lanner so if you need more be sure to bring a power board. We also recommend you bring headphones instead of speakers. If using speakers understand that ASLAN admins may direct you to turn your speakers down so that you will not take away from fellow ASLanners having a good time.
What is the Ãœber Klasse premium package?
The Ãœber Klasse ticket is great value, costing $30, entitles you to the following bonuses
- Double the desk space as the regular ticket to spread out, excellent for very large monitors
- Two gigabit LAN ports. You could add another machine to the network at full gigabit speed
- Reserved seating in the best seat locations
- Direct access to the core switch
- One “Pro Lanner Meal” food voucher
- Your meal will also be hand delivered to your desk and your meal order will take priority
- Two drink vouchers
- Priority admittance at 15 minutes before event start
Who do I ask for help at ASLAN?
- Paul Ridley (Front Desk / General Operations)
- Geoff Woodberry (ASLAN Admin)
- Paul Parry (Network Admin & Air-Stream Network information)
- Michael Kellow (Gaming Admin)
- Matthew Thompson (Gaming Admin)
- Shadey (Front Door & Air-Stream Network information)
Can I bring a dedicated server to ASLAN?
Yes. Provided an admin knows about it. In this case, Paul Parry (pazza) or a member of the server team should be apprised of the additional machine. Under no circumstances are private file servers permitted. This only applies to game servers.
Is there parking at ASLAN?
Parking at Hillcrest Community Centre is in plentiful supply. You should have no problems as its all close to the venue.
Where can I buy food at ASLAN?
As of ASLAN #15, ASLAN is now a catered event. We have fresh pies, pasties and sausage rolls at all LANs and our resident chef “Jimmy” is always cooking up new tasty ‘Pro Lanner Meals’ to provide calories and nutrition to keep you lanning longer. Cold drinks are also available all day as well as occasional specials.
What else do I need to do before ASLAN?
- Make sure you have allowed Windows to Update! Please visit www.windowsupdate.com.
- Make sure you have an up to date anti-virus program. Make sure that your computer is also free of virii. Anyone found to be transmitting a virus over the ASLAN network will have the network access removed until the issue is rectified to the satisfaction of one of our admins.
- Check your network settings are set to Automatic.
May I sell things at ASLAN?
Provided prior permission is sought then all things are possible. Permission is not required to pickup equipment that has already been agreed upon elsewhere.
Clarification of these and anything else can be sought by emailing the committee
ASLAN are proud members of the South Australian LAN Association