If you're still looking to obtain an amateur radio licence, another oppportunity is just around the corner. Whilst we are planning to host a weekend Foundation Licence course of our own, I have been advised by our good friend Paul VK5PH that there is an upcoming session that members are welcome to attend.
Keep an eye on this page for future updates on new events!
The next course will be held at the Tranmere Sea Scout Hall on the weekend of 5/6 April 2014.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL - Email Paul (vk5ph AT wia.org.au) to secure your place.
Location: Tranmere Sea Scout Hall - corner of Milton Ave and Moore St Tranmere
Date: 5th & 6th of April 2013
Time: 0900-1700 hrs
Read on for full details about the course, what's required on the day, and how to get your hands on training materials.
Saturday - Theory and practical training
Sunday - Revision and exam
It is highly recommended that all applicants purchase a copy of the Foundation Licence Manual.
Paul has arranged some manuals, enquire to him at (vk5ph AT wia.org.au) for how you can obtain a copy as soon as possible.
- Foundation Licence Manual: $25
- Examination: $70 (adult), $35 (under 18)
- Licence for 1 year: $72
- Callsign: $20 (your choice) or $5 (next available callsign)
- Payment options of Visa/Mastercard/Cheque/Cash are available.
What to Bring on the Day
You will need the following:
- Photo ID - Drivers licence or passport or Student Card
- Minors must bring an adult who can identify the minor and themselves using the criteria above above.
- Passport photo for attachment to their certificate (printed photos are sometimes rejected unless very good quality - post office or booth photos are better option)
- Non-programmable calculator
Lunch not provided – please bring your lunch or be prepared to purchase it nearby.
Think about a callsign for yourself - VK5Fxxx (x=alpha characters). Check the ACMA website for availability of the callsign you are interested in.
Feel free to contact the Air-Stream Committee or Paul Hoffmann (vk5ph AT wia.org.au) if you have any further questions regarding the course.