*ASLAN HAS MOVED TO A NEW VENUE*
ASLAN #27 will be the first LAN at our new venue in Blair Athol
ASLAN is Air-Stream's all-ages computer lanning event for gaming fun and also to promote the presence of the Air-Stream Wireless community in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide.
The event is held at St Pauls Lutheran School in Blair Athol, from 10am until 10pm. For ALL AGES!
With the move to the new venue we are making some important changes to our ticketting structure. ASLAN has always stood for good value gaming. We have not changed the entry price for the past 4 years. During that time the ASLAN teams feels that the quality of the event has improved with more organisers putting in a huge effort behind the scenes to make every ASLAN happen. We feel that a small increase in ticket price is warranted to reflect the quality event that ASLAN has become. Thus the ASLAN team is announcing the following changes:
- The "Uber Klasse" premium package ticket is discontinued
- The regular "ASLAN Entry" price is going up from $15 to $20
- The "Ladies Ticket" remains at $10
- Seating reservation will be introduced starting from ASLAN #28
- In lieu of Uber Klasse, for those wishing to plug in extra network devices/laptops/consoles to the core switch there will be additional ports available for $4 each
- The internet connectivity at ASLAN has been upgraded
- Small changes are being made to the food and drink catering
That's 12 hours of lanning goodness all for the small cost of $20.
Tickets for this LAN will be available at the door and ONLINE below!
ALL pre-sold ticket holders go into a special door prize draw!
Thanks for the continued support from our great sponsors...
Like the ASLAN Facebook Page
Join our Steam Community
Follow the ASLAN Google+ Page
ASLAN is located in the hall of the St Pauls Lutheran Church, 44 Audrey Avenue in Blair Athol, South Australia. It can be accessed from Main North Rd and Prospect Rd.
View Larger Map
This is a tentative list of competitions planned for the next LAN, however this is subject to change at any time.
- Team Fortress 2
- Trackmania Nations
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Minecraft Creative Mode Build Challenge
- DOTA 2
Please note, in the interests of the general lanning atmosphere, you can only win 1 Individual Prize and 1 Team prize. This is done to give others a chance at enjoying themselves still. Competitions are subject to change.
About the setup
ASLAN will provide you with:
- one seat and table space (if you want a comfier seat bring your own as some do)
- two power points, you will be required to bring a power board if you need more
- one gigabit network port and network cable plugged in to our high speed LAN infrastructure
- connection into the Air-Stream network
- connection to the Internet
What you need:
- Computer (box, monitor, keyboard, mouse, cables including power cable)
What you don't need:
- Alcohol (ASLAN is an open age event)
- Heaters / Fans (a small fan is only permissible upon request for serious cooling issues)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ASLAN?
ASLAN is LAN Party which aims to promote the Air-Stream community wireless and lanning in the northern suburbs.
What do I need to bring to ASLAN?
You'll need your computer system, equipped with a wired network port. We'll provide the tables, chairs, power and necessary network hardware and network cable. We can't always promise more than two power points per lanner so if you need more be sure to bring a power board. We also recommend you bring headphones instead of speakers. If using speakers understand that ASLAN admins may direct you to turn your speakers down so that you will not take away from fellow ASLanners having a good time.
Who do I ask for help at ASLAN?
- Paul "rids" (Master of Ceremonies)
- Geoff "blue18" (ASLAN Co-ordinator)
- Paul "pazza" (Network Admin & Air-Stream Network information)
- Joe "cyanara" (Gaming Admin)
- Matthew "Lazza" (Gaming Admin)
- Mark "" (Promotions)
- Sam "Tanuki" (Air-Stream Network information)
- Daniel "shadey" (Ticket Sales, Food & Drink)
Can I bring a dedicated server to ASLAN?
Yes. Provided an admin knows about it. In this case, Paul (pazza) or a member of the server team should be apprised of the additional machine. Under no circumstances are private file servers permitted. This only applies to game servers.
Is there parking at ASLAN?
Parking at St Pauls Lutheran Church is in plentiful supply. You should have no problems as its all close to the venue.
Where can I buy food at ASLAN?
ASLAN has a convenient canteen set up that sells food, cold drinks and snacks throughout the day. The venue is located 200 meters from McDonalds, Red Rooster and BP and is in close proximity to both Enfield Plaza Shopping Centre and Regency Plaza Shopping Centre.
What else do I need to do before ASLAN?
- Try to update your Steam games as close as possible to the LAN
- Make sure you have allowed Windows to Update! Please visit www.windowsupdate.com.
- Make sure you have an up to date anti-virus program. Make sure that your computer is also free of virii. Anyone found to be transmitting a virus over the ASLAN network will have the network access removed until the issue is rectified to the satisfaction of one of our admins.
- Check your network settings are set to Automatic.
May I sell things at ASLAN?
Private sales between lanners of second hand/surplus equipment is acceptable. Sales of a commercial nature would fall under the sponsorship category, more advice can be sought from the ASLAN team or the sponsorship information page.
ASLAN are proud members of the South Australian LAN Association