Amateur Radio Foundation Course 2013
Following the many expressions of interest from our members, we have now arranged the weekend 23rd and 24th of March for another Foundation Licence training and examination course. Thanks again go to Paul Hoffman VK5PH for taking the time to organise and host this event. Read on for full details about the course, what’s required on the day, and how to get your hands on training materials.
Saturday – Theory and practical training
It is highly recommended that all applicants purchase a copy of the Foundation Licence Manual.
Paul has kindly arranged to have a bunch of these available at the next members meeting on the 27th February (which is a northern meeting). If you are not able to pick one up there, enquire to the committee or to Paul (vk5ph AT wia.org.au) on how you can obtain a copy as soon as possible.
- Foundation Licence Manual: $25
- Examination: $70 (adult), $35 (under 18)
- Licence for 1 year: $72
- Callsign: $20 (your choice) or $5 (next available callsign)
- Payment options of Visa/Mastercard/Cheque/Cash are available.
What to Bring on the Day
You will need the following:
- Photo ID – Drivers licence or passport or Student Card
- Minors must bring an adult who can identify the minor and themselves using the criteria above above.
- Passport photo for attachment to their certificate (printed photos are sometimes rejected unless very good quality – post office or booth photos are better option)
- Non-programmable calculator